We will be off to church in a while to gather with our church family this special day where we remember and celebrate how much God loves us and how he showed his love for us by sending his son. My pastor, yesterday said something that stood out to me. He said, "There is something that sets Christianity apart from any other religion in the world. That something is GRACE. All other religions have people trying to work their way towards God. How great is it that when we cannot reach God through our good deeds, God is willing to come to us."
That is truly the greatest Christmas present of all. On our way to church yesterday, my children were talking to each other about presents. One mentioned how they wished they would have more presents, that they only had a few. While it made me sad to see how materialistic we as humans are, I thank God for the teaching moment He provided.
Yes we might not have much money and yes we might not be able to buy you the most recent and greatest toy or video game but that does not change how much I love my kids and family. Would I like to be able to give my children lots of presents, yes I would. However, the amount of presents or the monitary value of what I am able to offer does not change anything. I love my family the same either way.
This Christmas has been put into a great perspective for me this year. I am glad that I am really able to offer and recieve what really matters. God's love and his special gift of Jesus. I pray that you too may experince this great joy this holiday season!
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast."
No comments:
Post a Comment